Tuesday, 6 October 2015
Summer half term... A glorious time!
We were away for quite a long time. I always have a house sitter when away.
This time I got back to this! If you could see me, you would have seen my head hair stand up from the horror (just like in silly movies)
But afraid not! Bleach to the rescue!
I buy the cheapest stuff for bleach, no fancy Domestos.
1) Pour bleach on the mouldy areas.
2) Leave for about 10 minute.
3) Check if it is cleared after #2. (you can leave overnight, just be sure you have good ventilation in place).
4) Scrub a little with an old toothbrush if needed.
And voila, it's all gone! :)
Thursday, 16 April 2015
A SUPER ESSENTIAL PRINCIPLE for the Post Natal mummy - Exhale on Exertion!
All moms, you, me, lift stuff every day, all day long, we lift and ‘load’ our bodies against gravity. It’s a tough job, so what happens when we add to the mix a woman with Diastasis and/or her abdominal wall and /or Pelvic Floor hasn't regained the integrity and full function to withstand the pressure created by lifting the load?
Well, under the natural increase in intro-abdominal pressure, your viscera(t is then forced outward against the weak abdominal wall and downwards, towards the still healing Pelvic Floor organs and tissue and that for some people looks like a poochy tummy and urinary leakage…..
Wednesday, 11 February 2015
It's all started when my daughter was about 2.5 yo. Since she was just a few months old she was coughing, constantly. Chest infections every two to three weeks. Once, when she was only 4 months she spent a whole 8 days on oxygen at a local hospital and was discharged with bronchiolitis.
Two days after discharge the cough was back. She was prescribed antibiotics, she's good for a week and then the cough was back. This pattern was repeating itself until she was two, after we've changed another GP we were finally referred to a Paediatrics. At that time, age two, she was wearing clothes for a 9 months old baby.
After a few months with paediatrition, prescribed inhalers which were getting stronger and stronger, all the tests not giving any answers, receiving new inhaler-the strongest one, I called home. Back in my country, home remedies are a big thing still. Got recipes, picked one, made few adjustments and started to use next day after our usual every two-week hospital appointment.
In these two weeks my daughter gained 500 gr in weight(for a previous whole year her weight gain was just 200gr). Her lungs were absolutely clear first time since she was born.
The doc was shocked! "Did the inhaler worked?" She asked in disbelief. And I told her: "I haven't even opened it". All I did was the home made recipe with onions and honey.
Since then, her health improved dramatically. She hasn't had a chest infection in 3.5 years. Once she starts sniffling and coughing, the concoction is ready to be used. The whole family is using it. Even my mother in law who loves her pharmaceuticals, started to use it :)
Another good thing that came out of it, my kids LOVE onions now!
BTW, the cause of her chest infections was aspirational. Some of food and drink were getting into her lungs. Drinks still do get in her lungs occasionally, but with first signs of cough, the remedy is ready and cough is going away in a couple of days with out turning nasty.
You will need:
#Onions . I like to use organic, and mix red and brown.
#Honey . The only two honey that really worked in worst cases are:
Get your onions peeled and thinly sliced. I use 2 to 3 bulbs, depending on their size.
Once sliced there are two things to choose to do with them.
1) If I use to treat already bad cold/cough, and use one of the expensive honeys, then I put sliced onions in a bowl and sprinkle some unrefined sugar all over it. Leave it for at least two hours, preferably overnight. In the morning squeeze the juice out, just use your hands or put in a sieve and press with a spoon or something. The juice you get mix with honey. My proportion is roughly 1:1. If I have two spoons of juice, then I'll add two spoons of honey. For a child starting at the age of two, I was giving 5ml on empty stomach first thing in the morning. Then another 5 ml every hour for the first 2-3 days. After that, 3-4 times a day. Maximum one week. I'll do a new batch every day or two. Depending on how juicy onions are.
2) When I use for prophylactic, during autumn, winter and spring, to keep the bugs away I do it differently. I put sliced onions in a jar and pour any raw honey over the onions, in layers. I do not use sugar! If honey is to thick, I warm it up in a warm oven, or put a jar of honey in a bowl of hot water, and wait until it gets all runny. Then it's easy to pour. Leave it to stand. Once you have a juice, give straight from the jar. 5-10 ml 2-3 times a day. I give on quite random days.
Hopefully, if you decide to try it, it will work wanders for you, just like it does for us.
Love, Peace and stay healthy,