The other way to do it if you are worried about your iron and have your cloths to smell nice is:
2 1/2 cups mineral or filtered water (to avoid lime-scale)
5 ml essential oils, of your own choice (do choose a clear and not dark coloured oil,approx 100 drops)
1/8 cup vodka or any spirit with ethanol (surgical for ex)
1 In a small dish mix the vodka and the essential oil.
2 Add this to the distilled water and pour into a spray bottle
3 Shake before use
The mix will cloud, and eventually separate.Shake well before each use.
Homemade Lavender Water Recipes
- When washing bedding and linens, add some lavender water to the rinse cycle. Your bedding will have a light lavender scent (lavender helps those with sleep problems).
- Use when ironing, spritz a bit of the lavender water on the items being ironed. Will add a nice lavender scent to the garment.
- Lavender water can also be used as a beauty aid, try it as a skin freshener on hot summer days, a hair rinse, splash in the bath or dab around temples for headache relief.
- Insect repellent, try it for mosquito repellent use as well as a mosquito bite itch helper. Lavender deters flies and other insects too.
How To Make Lavender Water – Recipes
- Fill the glass jar with lavender and cover completely with vodka. Seal jar.
- Place the jar in a sunny location for about 18 days, rotate and shake the jar each day–morning and night.
- After 18 days, strain the lavender from the vodka and seal the liquid in a clean glass jar.
- Use as needed.